Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Summer Growth 2009


Here it is just another lazy summer day, in July. This is usually the time for me to regenerate, to sit back and reflect on my place in the world; not to stop building. Even at times like these, when we are not facing a strong headwind, we need to maintain our stride because the race is not over for us yet. At this point I almost feel as though I am just gliding downhill, without the usual push to succeed or to produce some final product.

As I look ahead I realize that other mountains are awaiting me and the challenges of tomorrow may be even greater than those I have faced in the past. I look forward with faith that I am not alone. The struggles that are in front of me will not overwhelm me, if I rely on the one who has promised to always be there; Jesus. He never promised that life would be easy, just that he would never leave me. Hebrews 13:5b- “Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you”.

Summer is a wonderful time of year. Days filled with sunshine, green plants, and life all around us. This is one of my favorite times during the year. Now that I am expecting a new grandson to be born next month, it has become even a more exciting time for me. [The attached picture is of my three daughters; Allison is expecting a boy in August.] God has blessed my life, and filled it with great joy. I am extremely thankful.

No comments: